Teapot Warmers Silver Amber Necklaces Wholesale Glass Tea Sets Mummy Sleeping Bags

Is The Gender Wage Gap (Partially) Caused By Major Choice?

Pinned on May 24, 2013 at 4:18 am by Admin

Repin
Is The Gender Wage Gap (Partially) Caused By Major Choice?

It has long been remarked that women earn less money than men. Whether this reflects invidious discrimination or differential participation in the labor force is a hot topic in the social sciences. We decided to take a look at it from another angle: do young ladies simply major in poor paying occupations in college? Using our database of median salaries for particular majors, we cross-referenced the most popular undergraduate majors against the National Center for Education Statistics Digest of Education Statistics. According to the DES, roughly 42% of the undergraduate degrees awarded in 2008 went to men, with the remaining 58% going to women. (Once in rough balance, the percentage of degrees awarded to men fell precipitously for most of the last decade, only recently pausing at about 42 ~ 43%.).

Link


Comments


Write a comment

Teapot Warmers Silver Amber Necklaces Wholesale Glass Tea Sets Mummy Sleeping Bags